Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring Arbor


You may or may not know that I'm a junior in high school. I'm rounding the end of my junior year so I'm visiting some colleges. I went to spring arbor during break last week. My old time bud Michael K came along with me. Michael and I went to the gym, where all the high school Juniors are suppose to meet at. There were only about 20 people there at that time, with all of these old board games that we played as little kids. We sat at a table with a couple of people and just started a conversation about random stuff about ourselves. There was this really cute girl at our table and I could tell that Michael liked her because he was playing this mind game with her! He would switch from sarcasm and serious talk with every other sentence and soon she was super confused. I have to take my hat off toward Michael he was GOOD!

So after about an hour of talking with our group we played a game called "ice breaker". Where there was a list of 30 things and you had to find someone that had done 1 of the things on the list. I honestly went to the best looking girls to ask them if they had done any of the 30 activities on the list and it was a pretty good strategy! I ended up coming in 3rd. After the games we met our host of where we were going to spend the night at. His name was Steve and he was pretty cool.

Michael and I decided that we were gonna go to McDonald's after we got settled in our room. Now let me tell you some important information, it was about 20 degrees and windy outside but I was wearing shorts and McDonald's is on the other side of the campus! Michael and I were kinda sprinting. When we got there we just started talking about what's been happening with the each other lately.

Unfortunately, Michael and I went out to dinner too early! All of the other juniors were on campus while we were at McDonald's so when we got back they all went out to eat! So we played ping pong, and air hockey whenever we got bored! We didn't really do anything that evening. We mainly just caught up on each others lives. We stayed up till 2 that morning!


When we woke up at 7:30 we got all ready for breakfast and packed up all of our stuff. We went to breakfast with Steve (our host) and then headed off to the "White auditorium". That's where we were reunited with Bill, he was at our table in the gym and he was really cool. We asked him if he wanted to go to lunch with us later and he loved that idea because he didn't have a friend there.


From the auditorium we went to chapel where I met a girl named Alex. We were sitting next to each other and just talking about our youth groups and where we're from. She really looked like one of my friends from elementary who's name happened to be Lexi. We both kind of hit it off and had a really great conversation. Then the worship music came on and followed closely by the chaplain coming with his sermon. Near the end of the sermon I was debating whether to ask for this girl's number, or to just ask for her full name so I could find her on facebook. my plan was that I'd go first with the name, then I'd see how her reaction was then I'd ask her for her number. Well we are getting ready to leave and I ask her for her name, she said "Alex". Then I clarified that I meant last name then she told me a really common last name. That was when I decided to ask her for her number but then... my sister came over! Now I was slowly backing off the idea then Alex's mom came! Then the idea was about half way around the world!


So after that Michael, Bill and I went to lunch. Well thinking ahead I decided I'd sit across from them so that wouldn't be someone left out of the conversation. Well that ended up being a decision that I regretted! Apparently there was a cute girl right behind me sitting alone for like 5 minutes until her friends came to sit next to her! Michael and Bill let me know that, AFTER her friends came to sit next to her! Oh well, after that Michael and I went to our classes.


Our first class that we sat in was physics which wasn't too confusing or anything it seemed really interesting in fact! While I enjoyed the physics class the stats class was BORING! It seemed kinda easy but boring!


Nothing really happened the rest of the visit.

1 comment:

Ms.Lo said...

Girls, girls, girls...