Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Let The Games Begin!


This Sunday, May 2nd Dearborn Christian church is going to have a football game. It's between the high school guys and the younger married guys in their twenties and thirties. They try to have a game every season of the year but they skipped winter this year. I've been in 3 football games with the lifeguards so far 1 in the winter, and 2 in the fall (one was where it was only the lifeguards).


In the winter game I didn't really know anyone or their skills yet so I struggled a bit. The snow kept me from catching up to the quarterback and basically kept me out of the game. The next game was at the fall retreat where it was all lifeguards and no older guys. I was MVP due to me being the strongest and biggest of the guys there. About 2 weeks after that game we had the one against the younger geezers. I didn't do the best in that game defensively, just pressuring the quarterback, with no sacks. Since most of the guys in the youth group are 6-3 and 150 lbs I'm the biggest at 6-0 205 lbs.


This year I'm going to be in the 2nd full day of being 17 years old, I'm much stronger than I was in the fall, and I'm really hungry for this game! Here are some of my lifting numbers...
Preacher Curl : February 28th, max 25 lbs. April 27th, max 50 lbs. (per arm)
Dumbbell pressing: February 28th, max 55 lbs. April 27th, max 85 lbs. (per arm)
Tricep machine: February 28th, max 100 lbs. April 27th, max 140 lbs.
Frontal rows: February 28th, max 50 lbs. April 27th, max 105 lbs