Thursday, April 15, 2010

Prom??


Yesterday after school there was a knock at the side of the door. Walking to the side door I'm wondering who would knock on the side door because we don't live on a corner. I open the door and I'm really surprised to see Marah who goes to my youth group lifeguards and we go to the same school. Last semester we would talk in the hallway on our way to classes. She lives a couple of blocks away from me but I expected that if she came over she'd text me first. At first I think she's just asking for a ride to lifeguards but then I noticed she was really nervous and just kind of making small talk. Then she gave me a card and said "Well I'll go now."

I look at the card and it says "Connor, will you go to prom with me? -Marah" It was good that she gave me some time to decide because I wasn't sure if I could go. My family and I are going to Florida on may 23rd. Well prom is on May 23rd. So we're going to be one day late so that I can go to prom. It seemed like it took me forever just to communicate to her that I could go because her phone didn't have any bars so I had to repeat everything twice.

Now I've never actually been to a dance! In middle school I thought that girls were icky. In high school I never really cared for dances. Why would I PAY to dress in a suit! I'm super excited about prom, but I also feel the urge to upchuck! Luckily since it's Marah's prom she can do all the planning and all that poop. I'm just going to show up, look good, and do whatever Marah wants. What's really ironic is that I was asked probably about a month ago whether I'd even go to my own prom because they found out that I haven't gone to a dance. I honestly didn't know what I'd do. "If someone asked me I'd probably go" was my response. I didn't expect to be asked for at least another year!

P.S. Sorry for the picture, it's hard to find something manly when it comes to prom.

2 comments:

alex said...

Way to go Connor! You'll have a great time.

FootballDude said...

Thanks Alex!