Monday, April 26, 2010

The Good Old Days: The Deep voice that couldn't


My best friend Michael and I were in 6th grade and all was good! We had the same voice, height, and humor. Then Michael had to hit puberty! Let me tell you Michael hit it in stride! In one week he grew nearly a foot, and his voice went extremely deep. Along with that Michael was a whole lot faster than me (he was only a little faster than me at that point) and except for strength, he was physically better than just about everything than me! It was really hard getting use to for both of us. We use to race after church a bit. After he smoked me like 10 times in a row we decided to stop racing.


We would also have to sing for the kids program. The one time I didn't envy his voice was when we were singing. Our songs always had a bunch of high notes. I was hitting them with ease, but then I notice this one horrible sound next to me. It was Michael who was STRAINING to attempt to get near the high notes! I couldn't help laughing my head off! Michael soon realised that I was laughing with him and not at him so he started cracking up too! Soon the whole crowd was in tears laughing with us!


It took me till 8th grade to get my deep voice and I soon found out how hard it was to hit those high notes so Michael and I struggled together!

No comments: