Thursday, March 11, 2010

Well it worked!


I blogged yesterday about how I was going to try to get Andrew M to workout with me. He wants to workout a lot but he doesn't have a membership so he can't go all the time. Well I convinced him to workout with me and DANG, it was a crazy workout! We were originally going to start off at the dead weights but there were a bunch of guys there so we decided to go to the machines.

We started with the benching machine not too hard at 125 lbs and worked our way up. Once again I forgot that Andrew hasn't worked out at all during the off-season when he could only do around 5 reps of 137 lbs. So the whole time I was going up in weight like to 175 lbs and still doing 10 reps while he's at 137 lbs doing his 5 reps. I ended up going up to 200 lbs with 3 reps and he was STILL doing 5 or 6 reps of 137 lbs! I started to go down in the weight to cool down while he's now doing 7 reps on 137 lbs! He was actually doing more reps the longer he was working out! He ended up going to 150 lbs once and did 3 reps but man that guy is durable! I looked up at the clock as we finished and found out that we were benching for 45 minutes!

Andrew really likes to workout his biceps and I do too. So whenever he works out with me I try to workout the biceps good with him. We decided to do the very challenging preacher curl! I started with 30 lbs and Andrew had 20 lbs. After a while we soon realized that this was too easy and moved up in weight to 25 lbs and 35 lbs. That really gave us a burn! We ended up working out the biceps for about 30 minutes.

To fully complete the bicep workout you have to workout the triceps. So that's what we did with the triceps machine we did 70, 80, and 90 lbs. Then we took a short break with the shoulder press which works out both the shoulders and triceps. After a extremely grueling series of lifts at the shoulder press we went right back to the tri's to finish what we started! When we went back to the triceps machine it felt really weird because we were lifting 90 lbs but it felt more like 70 lbs so we ended up going to 120 lb.

By now we our arms feel like they're going to fall right off of us so we decided to call it a day. The whole workout took 2 hours! From 3:50 to 5:58! I'm pretty sore right now but I can't wait to see Andrew today! He's probably dying!
P.S. The picture is from a year and a half ago. So don't go asking where are the results from working out.

No comments: