Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Civic Center Here We Come!


You probably know this if you've been reading my blog recently that my family has obtained a membership at a gym. The building is called the civic center. I've been spending every moment that I can there lifting weights being a gym rat like myself. It's been a lot of fun these past 2.5 weeks working out. I started out working out with the machines but after a while went with the dead weights.


While I was walking with my friend Andrew M. We go pretty far back, we played football together for 7 years. I talked him into working out with me at the civic center. We finally started working out at 4pm and started with my weakest area, benching. After we were benching for about 20-30 minutes, Andrew started to hint that he wanted to workout the biceps. So I destroyed his biceps by making him do curls of 25 lbs while I lifted 30. We did that for a really long time till he couldn't lift 25 lbs anymore. Then we slowly lowered the weight to fully workout our arms. Then after arms we worked on our triceps. It was a hour and a half workout and it was freakin AWESOME! It was the best workout I had and it was his first in a few months.


Andrew and I worked out on Friday so when I saw him after school on Monday he was STILL sore! He couldn't believe it when I told him that I wasn't sore (partly because I was lifting heavier weights than him) and he told me that he still couldn't fully extend his arms without pain! Man I really wish I could've seen him on Saturday. I'm going to try to talk him into working out with me again today!

No comments: