Thursday, March 4, 2010

Fun game during Lifeguards and a great day overall!

Yesterday was overall a really great day! School was all ACT which was great*. Right after school, we went to the civic center to workout and it was fantastic! I usually workout with the machines but this time, I decided to go to the dead weights instead. It really paid off big time! I workout my biceps often and even they are sore! I also worked out my pecs with some benching. After the gym I went in my backyard to do some cardio with a jump rope. After 1,001 jumps I hoped in the shower and left for a fundraising dinner for the lifeguards. After the dinner it was time for lifeguards.

The game today was where everyone had 5 clothes pins and they had to pin them on their clothes. Then you had to grab other people's clothes pins off them and put them on you. The person with the most pin wins! The first game I was doing a good job at grabbing a bunch of clothes pins at one time, but half of them would break. Joy was stealing some of mine, while I was attacking people, without me even knowing! Near the end of the first game I had just grabbed 5 from a couple of girls but as I was putting them on I was getting MAULED by guys running by and taking my pins! I ended the game with 1 pin.

Then we had another round of the game so after everyone was set we started. While I was "dueling" someone a hyper active kid named Conor ran into my leg which caused me to loose feeling in it. So the rest of the game, I'm limping around like a cripple. Well since the girls just mainly stayed in one corner not moving that much and with my limited mobility I decided they would be easy targets... I was wrong.

The girls came up with a great strategy where they would put all of the pins on one sleeve and tuck that arm in really hard and attack with the other arm. Thankfully I'm particularly strong so I would pry their arms from their sides and grab a hand full of pins! After I'd taken most of the girls pins I realized that I missed one who had at least 15 pins! Well this one had the same strategy as the others except for a twist. When I grabbed her arm to take her pins she it the floor and started rolling! After the shock of this wore off of me I kept her from rolling and pulled at her arm. Dang that girl was strong! I nearly pulled her to her feet but she wasn't giving up! Right when I was about to get some pins my bicep gave out due to being tired from the workout earlier. That's when I finally realized that I only had 1 pin left! The other girls were picking my dry during the whole scurry! At this point I realized that I lost the game because I had 12 but I fell down to 1! I ended the game with 4 pins.

After the game I found out that everyone had seen me actually pulling the girl almost to her feet and they were giving her props. She certainly deserved it! I only got one of her's after that.

*lame

1 comment:

Kulio said...

hahaha, okay I loved that description of the clothespin game - yeah for strong girls! boo for numb legs!