Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Maxing OUT!!


Yesterday my friend Andrew and I worked out at the civic center. We started with the preacher curls (toughest curl invented). We decided to do ladders, so we both started at 30 lbs but he went down, while I went up in weight. He went down from 30 to 25 and to 20 then went right back up. I went up from 30 to 35 to 40 to even 45 lbs!! I did 8 total reps of 45 lbs while Andrew maxed out with 5 reps of 35 lbs.


After we couldn't feel our biceps we went to do some benching. I've been really loving benching because my numbers have been exploding! Just a week from this day I hadn't benched more that 60 lbs on each arm! Now today I'm totally pumped for this moment but I can feel my arms slowing down. I started low with 55 lbs. I did 10 reps of 55, 60, 65, and 70 lbs! Now let me tell you since I'm changing the weight a lot Andrew and I are walking around to the rack with these weights which are killing our energy!


Until this moment I've been feeling really strong! Even though I can feel when I start the rep that my biceps are dying I'm still doing sets of 10! I feel really strong but I know soon my muscles are going to collapse so I tell Andrew that he's gonna have to keep an eye on me. Sure enough my first rep was barely accomplished without his help! With him spotting me I was able to do 3 reps of 75 lbs! In one week I've benched 15 lbs more than was I could do!

No comments: