Monday, January 24, 2011

Spring Hill 2010: Broom Ball

Broom ball, as I said in the post below, is very similar to hockey. The main differences are that you don't have skates and its a small ball instead of a puck. Now most people think broom ball is dumb and if you aren't playing then you're standing around in sub zero temperatures which isn't fun! This was my mindset. I could be tubing, swimming or just hanging with my friends, but no I had to play this dumb game and freeze my innards solid!

So anyways this year we were in the second round of the playoffs when that mindset changed! I had to wear this dumb helmet which covered my eyes so I couldn't see where the heck the ball was. They scored a goal on us then I found out that you really didn't have to wear the helmets! I was pretty peeved about them scoring because in a ways it was my fault because I couldn't see anything! That was when something inside me snapped! So I threw off the helmet and went ape on them! I nearly even scored and I was playing defense. Despite going off like a possessed freak, like only an albino Mexican can, we still lost. I was pretty upset...until I found out there was Mexican food for dinner!

No comments: