Monday, January 3, 2011

The early (and the best) events of christmas break

Christmas break is over now, it was the best I've ever had! Unfortunately it never lasts long enough. Jana was able to open her gift on December 22nd, and she loved it. I got her 2 Michigan shirts, Michigan beanie, aviator sunglasses, and a duck pillowpet. Since Jana and I didn't have school for 2 weeks we were talking till 3 in the morning most nights, I believe we talked for at least 20 hours during break!

Well I'm sure you want to hear about the part that makes this the best Christmas break ever. So while we were talking one night, Jana was helping one of her friends to make cookies and other desserts. While we were talking I could hear her friend saying something to her, after a while I found out that he was saying "make it official" after a while Jana asked me the dreaded questions..."Can I ask you something?" through my childhood I've learned to fear this question. It's usually a big deal when you actually ask..if you can ask them something! So I'm instantly nervous, and I respond "sure, go ahead" I can tell by the sound of Jana's voice that she's nervous too, then she says "So are we like dating? Because my friends keep asking me if we are...and I just don't know."

In panicking insanity I blurted out "I don't know, you decide!" as soon as I said that I was thinking "Whats wrong with you?!? You know that you want to date her!!" So as fast as I can, I add, "But I would like to date you...." So that's when we decided to be official.

We were talking about some subtle hints that we left to try to find out whether the other liked us back. And you know what I found out? Jana was playing a lot of games with me! For example, when we planned to have a movie night at her house when I visit, her response was "It's a date!" So when she first said that I figured "sweet so she likes me back!" But then she follows up, by using the word "date" for just hanging out with her friends. She did that sort of thing during the 5 months we've known each other! This caused me confusion, so I was never positive whether she liked me. But she does keep my on my toes!

No comments: