Monday, November 29, 2010

Floor hockey!


Over thanksgiving break, my family and I stayed at my grandma's house. While we were there, my cousin Jeremy invited me to play floor hockey with his youth group. Hockey in general is definitely not my strong suit, but it sounded fun. There was about 28 people who came, and let me tell you, it was a blast! It took me a while but I soon got the hang of it. I used my size to my advantage by shielding the players with actual skill away from the puck. There were 3 tournaments and I won 2 of them. Not that I'm saying I was a key player to victory or anything, but I could bruise a few people.


Right before the Championship game for the last tournament, the best player on the other team named Ryan came up to us and said "Just to let you know, if you have the puck then I'm gonna check you into the wall." Now there's a considerable difference in size between me and Ryan. He's about 5-9 170 lbs while I'm 6-0 215 lbs. And I'm not going to just wait for him to check me into a wall! So at the first opportunity I got I just nailed him into the wall! But it didn't stop him much because before we knew it, we were down 2-0 (the first team to score 3 point wins) Then I decided to match up against him. I told the other defender on my team Jordan that I was matching up against Ryan and he had to cover the other two forwards.


The plan worked because I knew that if I could get into Ryan's head then we'd win the game. So at every opportunity I gave him a nice jab. After a while I notice he started being hesitant to chase the ball if I was around because he knew I would slam him into the wall! We ended up coming back from being behind and winning 3-2!

No comments: