Tuesday, November 9, 2010

All I wanted was an ipod!




As I posted earlier I went to a Hispanic engineering conference in Cincinnati last week, well apparently I got more than I bargained for! While I was at the conference there was a time where different colleges had booths and you could get a bunch of information on what they're about and other junk like that. For the booth of Army if you signed out this piece of paper to them and turned it in you would have a chance of getting a free Ipod! I'm not the kind of person that fills out everything to get a chance at a great prize but a bunch of army Representatives convinced me (Probably because of my size) to fill out the card! I kinda thought "What the heck! If I win, great! If I don't then no big deal!" I didn't end up winning the Ipod.....


That was a week and a half ago. Now back to the present! This morning the army called me because apparently the card that I filled out said that I was interested in learning more about the army! Fortunately I was at my class so I didn't have to tell them that I wasn't interested and that I just wanted an Ipod, without thinking through what I was going to say! Apparently I should start reading what the card says that I'm turning in to get a free Ipod! It's all good though! It's just a speed bump on the life of Connor! Getting calls from the Army is just another little obstacle in my way!

No comments: