Thursday, February 11, 2010

Spring Hill Sunday (3 of 3)

I was tired after getting no sleep





Really Fun Morning!
Well I'm pretty bummed at this time because this is our last day, my phone broke, and I miss being the most recognizable person that people are with. Well it started off really good because us guys ended up banging on the window of the girl's cabin. It was really funny because Carson, being a freshman, was going all stealth here and trying to come up with hand signals and what not. Then it got even better when we were at breakfast and this cute girl (lets call her Bridget) went up to me and asked "Hey you're the guy who wears the beard right?"(I didn't have the beard on) I said that I was and then she asked "My table wanted to know if it was like a bunch of stickers or marker, which is it?" Then I told her that it was eye black. After I put the beard back on it seemed like no one had seen my beard at all that weekend, because all of these girls were taking pictures of me or with me! I loved it! Then when we had session that morning I saw "Bridget" smiled at her, and then pointed to beard and asked "You like?" then Bridget responded by saying "Oh yeah I do!"



Why me!?!?!?!?!?!?
Well after session we had to go to our cabin to pack up. Well chances have it that while Brandon and I are going to the car with our stuff the trio of girls show up... and they didn't forget about yesterday. "Connie poo!" They yelled to my horror! I pretended there was some other Connie poo but sadly there wasn't! Brandon turned toward me like "Dude? Why are they calling you Connie poo?" Well I just took it like a man by pretending to not know who they were talking to until they came close enough where I could whisper "hi" to them. Sadly that was the last time I saw them, but on the other hand the girls from my youth group didn't know about it. Oh and If I didn't break my phone that morning I totally would've gotten their numbers, but of course with my luck I end up with no numbers!


I will never understand girls
Well Joy, Melissa and Marisa have been flirting with guys all weekend trying to get some digits and until this point have got nothing! Until this one guy Hunter comes and starts talking to them and then after like talking to him 10 minutes, he gets all 3 of their numbers!! I would suggest to them to just do my strategy of finding a group of people and spend the whole weekend to get to know them, but then again how many numbers did I get? Oh yeah that's right I got none, while they each got one! Seriously I really need to work on getting girls numbers that I spend a week/ weekend with because I'm 0-4 while the girls are like 3-0!


Lunch time!
Well after looking for the trio of girls again it was time for lunch. While I was walking by this girl I'm walking next to yells "What's that on your face??" Now, I'm kinda confused because it's not like I just decided to put this fake beard on this morning or anything. I've been wearing it all weekend! I just say "Why? It's just a beard" Then she was pretty confused too. Well after a while Hunter comes over to our table to flirt with the girls. And get this! He thought my beard was REAL! Way to pick, joy and Company! Yeah well after grabbing some lunch, we got in the cars and set out to leave.


McDonalds where the whack jobs go
Well after a nothing special drive halfway from home we go to McDonalds. Now this is before I've washed off my beard, and it really got annoying not being able to touch my face. So the first thing I do is go to the bathroom so that I can wash off the beard. But to do this I had to pass the employees. Well lets just say some people were staring at me and some little kid was all eyes! After washing it off Hannah and Brandon had me wash it again, because they said I missed some! Well I seriously couldn't see anything but I did and I ended up washing my face like 5 times! To this day I still think they were lying so that my face would be super dry!

After thoughts
Well I hope you enjoyed this story about Spring Hill as much as I loved living it out. I'm really glad that Carson came, because I truly believe that if it wasn't for him I totally would've spent my whole weekend with the girls. Which would've been fun but not helpful in the long run! And I'm really glad that people brought friends like Melissa, Collette, and Brice. If you didn't know before, I actually had a choice to either go with oasis or lifeguards. Even though people tried to pressure me to go with lifeguards because they had more guys, I still would 100% go with Oasis!
I also was this crazy in honor of our old youth pastor Alex, who wore a unibrow all of Saturday last year. My only regrets are that I didn't get those girls numbers and never even let them call me "Connie poo" once! Oh and funniest moment besides all of the reactions to people seeing my beard is when Adriel (youth leader) said that I was an inspiration for not caring what people thought and wearing a beard anyway!

No comments: