Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Spring Hill Day 2 (out of 3)

group picture of team "Waldo!"



doing an Alex pose

Breakfast
Well after getting only 4 hours of sleep I woke up. We were to meet the girls at 7:40 in the breakfast building. It was fun to see people's reactions when I walked by them without my beard, because they would do a double take! A lot of the girls that had talked to me about my beard were in shock that I took it off or were amazed to see my face without the beard. The 3 girls were some of the people that were shocked to see me without my beard. They asked "Hey Connor where's your beard?" I responded by saying that I'd put it on as soon as possible.

The great unibrow
We had broom ball after breakfast so we decided to put on our war paint! I had a unibrow because our youth pastor Alex had one last year and I also had a line going down my nose all for broom ball! Surprisingly we won after going 0-2 the last couple of years we won 2-1 in overtime! After broom ball we had a game show that we had to go to. It was a quiz theme, I was selected to go up and represent the black team! Now at first I couldn't really understand why this girl next to me was acting scared of me, then I remembered the war paint and how I had a unibrow! We selected the subject "texting" and wow I text a lot but I never even heard of half of these!! I couldn't get a break! We won that subject despite me not knowing half of them haha. We ended up winning it all at the game show which keeps my perfect record of 3-0!

"Looking for people"
Well being a bearded guy and having 3 girls totally into me even with it on! I totally had to hang out with them again. I would tell Carson that we were "looking for people" which insisted that we were looking for members of oasis, but I wasn't. What I was looking for were those girls, and I'm pretty sure he knew it. They had kind of a "hangout area" in the game room so of course that's where we were headed to most of the time! Well after looking for them a while we had a session which was fun but I honestly wanted to get out of there to have some FUN!!!


Wow I LOVE this place!!!
Well after session Brandon (our chaperon), Carson, and I went to our cabin to gather our stuff so we could go tubing! Well on the way, we went past about 15 girls among them were the 3 girls and all of the girls said "Hey Connor!" and at first I was really confused, like how would these girls know me? After a long time I found out that they were all in one youth group and that the 3 girls were talking about me to them and said that I was the guy with the beard/unibrow! After they passed I said "Wow I wished we never had to go home!".


The way tubing SHOULD be done!
Well after the shock of 15-20 girls knowing me without me saying a word to them, settled in I went tubing for 2 straight hours! It was fun but then I thought of something to make tubing WAY more fun! A lot of people like to tie their tubes together so they have a big group going down together! Well my plan was to wait for a group then after they started going I'd go down in hot pursuit of them! When I got close enough I'd try to grab on some one's leg or tube then I'd climb on in with their group! My target were mainly cute girls. I loved doing this because I got to meet a whole lot of new people this way and it also scared the crap out of them! Well after 2 hours I got tired of going up the hill so I went to the cabin to just spend sometime with myself. That time with my self lasted a whole 10 minutes. The reason it only lasted that long because I was like ahh I love relaxing, then I thought "Oh crap! I only get one weekend here and I'm not going to waste it relaxing!". So I went running to the game room to umm..."look for people"


Fun with the ladies
Well I actually washed the unibrow off after I got to the game room, and Carson was with me because he saw me running to look for people*. Well we did find the girls but they were with their whole youth group and they had a guy bigger than me so I stayed my distance and play cards. We soon got bored of playing cards so we decided to go back to the tubing hill. I think the girls saw us go to the hill, because shortly after we got there they were there too. Well we all had a lot of fun together, even though I wasn't aloud to grab one of the girls legs because "she would pee her pants" and I didn't want to get pee on me. I actually have to admit that the girls Erin, Becca and Dayah really know how to keep it interesting for a bearded guy.

*cute girls that adore guys in fake beards


Broomball numba 2
After totally unleashing my endless charm, we had another broom ball game. I finally got bearded for battle thanks to Sarah G. I was actually kinda missing my beard because it really helped me meet girls and plus it was priceless to see everyone expressions. Well the ice had been broken after a couple of games so it was mainly cold water on concrete which was lame! Our team only has 2 guys and like 13 girls but it was the opposite for the other team. They had 10 guys and 2 girls, AND all of the guys were my size or bigger! We lost 4-0, we forfeited in the 3rd quarter. After we were all frozen, literally my hair, and pants were actually frozen. Well after I chipped the ice off my pants I went in the game room with Carson and played some card games.


Bye bye pride I wish I still had you
Well nothing really happened the rest of the day until about 10 pm. When I was on my way to the tubing hill the Erin, Becca, and Dayah saw me and then decided that they were gonna call me "conniepoo". Yup I lost all of my pride the day they thought of that. Well anyway we went to the tubing hill and I saw a bunch of my friends and decide to grab on them as they were going down. But they didn't tell me that they were battling on the tubes! I was thrown off without really knowing what in the world was going on... then came Carson. Carson didn't go as early as me and so I was on my stomache, laying down, with legs towards the hill! Then *WHAM* he hit me in between the legs he didn't nail my "man hood" but he did get my very inflexable groin to stretch...a lot! Stagering up I found myself nearly hit AGAIN with a 3rd wave of tubes! Luckily I limp with the agility of a guy who nearly felt the worse pain possible -that God made for his own entertainment-. After than I fell on my bed and I thought "well the day could've ended better than being called conniepoo and stretched too far."

1 comment:

Ms.Lo said...

Oh my goodness -- laughing SO HARD.