Monday, February 8, 2010

Spring Hill day 1 (out of 3 days)

At the Gas station where Sarah G put on my beard!


Well last year at spring hill we were Britains. This year we were the war paint and dude with the cool fake beard youth group. Well as I said before, I did go all out with the paint! I had the "beard" on for most of the weekend. Ok well I'm going to start from the beginning...

Originally, the plan was from Liz, Lj, and Collette to put on my beard, but that changed when Sarah G wanted to do it, then we stopped at a gas station! First we were just going to put the goatee on but that soon changed as soon as the suggestion of sideburns began! So as soon Sarah G was finished with my beard, I went outside of the car to show the other 2 cars!

After we arrived at Spring Hill we were in front of an auditorium trying to figure out what to do then that's when these 3 girls came. "Do you guys know how to play big booty?" said one of them and we said we use to but kinda forgot. They really thought my beard was funny and were complimenting it pretty often. So after we were almost done learning big booty, this HUGE gust of cold wind came and we ran for cover in the game room. So in successfully surviving the wind Carson and I celebrated with a game of pool.

So after we were playing a while this guy asks if he can play pool with us so we are like yeah why not? Well after we were getting killed by this guy in pool, the same 3 girls come in and sit at a booth not too far away. I catch their eye every once in a while and I'm wondering whats up. Then I hear my name called so I turn around then the girls at the booth burst out laughing! They had remembered my name from the game of big booty and they loved the fact that they knew my name. This is when I'm finally like they like like (yes that's not a typo) me and my beard! Then they say "Hey Connor come over here!"

When I get to their booth they ask me a question which I really had a good laugh with. "What year did you graduate?" they asked and were really eager. I laughed and said that I'm a junior in high school. That's when I could tell they were really interested, because they attacked me with questions like... "where are you from?", "Are you 16 or 17?", "Do you have your license?", and "Can I see your license?". After they saw my license they were like yeah the beard definitely makes you look older. But as an older class man, I had to kinda stick with the freshman and not ditch him, so against my rules of "anything goes when it comes to a girl" I left the girls because Carson wanted to go.

After that we has session which is where everyone at camp gathers to praise God with music and etc. Well my beard again proved to be hit because several of people came to talk to me about my fake beard. Like they would be like "I really like your beard! It's not real right?" and I would respond by no and say something funny about "insta-beard". I really loved the fake beard by the end of the day! Before I went to bed I said to myself "This is going to be a great weekend!"

No comments: