Monday, March 28, 2011

How was I able to do that?


This past weekend I found out that I could do, not one, but two things that I never thought I could do! The first was when I was babysitting my little cousin Christian on Friday. Christian wanted to show me how he could do a handstand for a few seconds. He then wanted to see me do a handstand. To my shock, I could do it for about 5 seconds! I never have been able to even do it for a millisecond in my life. But now it looks like my shoulders are strong enough to support my weight for a while until I lose my balance.

While I was at youth group yesterday, I found out there was another thing that I could do. We were singing and praising God - I like to go crazy with dance moves, but they're usually just funny and take absolutely no skill to pull off. So after a while the song said "Dance with Joy for God" after it said that once or twice I decided I'd go all out and make a fool of myself next time it came to that part. So when it came again, I ran to the middle of the circle and started break dancing!

I knew I was going to look like a baboon there break dancing, but I was just having fun. Well after a few seconds, I realized that I was pulling it off! Of course this was probably the easiest move that you could call break dancing, but I didn't expect to do it. After a while it dawned on me, that I didn't know what to do next because I expected to crash and burn, and so I didn't even think about what other move I'd do!

I can't wait to try some other break dancing moves and get myself killed!

Stay tuned for the post: "I didn't know my knee could bend that way!"

No comments: