Thursday, October 14, 2010

RIP shirts *sniff*


Yesterday at Lifeguards we played a really fun game! We are split into 2 teams, then everyone gets a piece of duct tape and puts it on their back. One team puts on the duct tape vertically and the other team puts it on horizontally. The object of the game is for you to take the tape off of the opponents back while still keeping your tape on your back. Once you lose your tape you're out of the game. I personally really love this game because by the end of the game it turns into a brawl which is the way I like it!

So the first game I got 2 people out but then Chad came behind me and ripped the tape off of my shirt! I was pretty peeved that I got out so early because I'm really good at this game and I got blindsided! While I was watching the game go on and planning how I was going to survive the whole next game but at the same time still be a force on the game!

The new game starts and we have a great game plan! Our 4 best players gathered together and decided that we were going to have me in the front line and the other 3 were going to be in the middle of "our" side of the room. My job was to basically grab the best players as they came close to me and throw them to 3 of our best players. While they were maiming the guy I threw to them, I would prevent anyone from attacking them because normally they'd be extremely vulnerable!

Sometimes while they were attacking someone our other teammates were defending our "lions" which gave me an opportunity to attack solo! My first target was Alex who is probably the only guy who's bigger than me at lifeguards. We were going at it when I saw a glimpse of his tape! I instantly snatched at it with my hand! I got it.....and some of his shirt! I unknowingly grabbed a chunk of his shirt along with the tape and just tore it off! He was kinda mad about it so he jumped at me and my instant reaction was not to get crushed so I pushed me away from me! Unfortunately since he was in mid air he fell back on the floor HARD! He was alright but I still felt pretty bad.

After getting Alex out I went back to my duties to defend 3 of our best players maiming other players! Chad decided to try to defend his teammate by trying to bull rush through our line and at least free his teammate being mangled! I saw him running by and I also see his tape so as he's running I make a grab at it and *riiiiippppppp!* Once again I had ripped a shirt! Only this one was way worse! I basically ripped Chad's shirt in half! He was kinda mad too because he got that shirt on a missions trip! I was also getting kinda tired of ripping shirts too!

After Chad I decided to attack my sister because she proved to be a sneaky one in the last game. I made a weak attempt to get her out of the game because I didn't want to rip her jacket.....*riiiiippppp!* too late. I ripped a hole in my sisters jacket, it was old so she wasn't mad at me.

After all of this I decided not to attack girls for the rest of the game, surprise surprise! I ended up ripping Andrew's hoodie a little bit too! It was in the armpit and it wasn't too bad so it's all good! We ended up winning by quite a large margin! After I ripped 3 shirts everyone kept a radius around me so it was easier to defend my buddies! I was attacking a freshman named Ricky and his shirt looked just like Alex's shirt, so I thought for sure I was going to end up ripping his shirt too! Fortunately I didn't rip a 5th shirt!

I loved that game! And for the record Alex actually hung up his ripped shirt in the portable! After he cooled off a bit he actually was proud of it! Which is good because I felt bad for all of the shirts and jackets I destroyed that day! Overall very fun game and very interesting results!

No comments: