Friday, October 22, 2010

I needed that!


In one of my previous posts I was talking about the lifeguards football game. Well unfortunately that game got canceled. But on the bright side I did get to play some football yesterday, just not in the same way I thought it'd be.

While I was in the middle of studying for my math class a neighborhood kid named Seth knocked on the door and asked if my brother and I could play football (I would be all time quarterback). Naturally I'd rather play football than do math so I jump at the opportunity! Normally playing all time quarterback is fun but there was something different this time that made my day! This 16 year old guy named Joe stopped by and he wanted to be quarterback too! So I really didn't car too much about that at first, but then he said the words "You and me are gonna play tackle with each other" before I'd just play two hand touch but as I've posted earlier I have a lot of aggression to get rid of!

So we kick off the ball and Joe starts returning the ball, I thought this was kinda stupid because he's 4 years older than most of these kids and it wasn't fair! I usually just give the ball off to the kids so that the game can be between all of them. But I kinda thought "Okay Joe if you want to pick on kids younger than you, try matching up against me!" he comes up to me and I just blow him up! I drove him into the dirt and let me tell you it felt GOOD!

After that I just wanted to hit him as much as possible! He kept taking the ball himself which got me kinda mad at him but I made sure to punish him for his selfishness! I made sure not to just tackle him but to crush him to the ground! After roughing him up a bit you could tell he was starting to feel it! Halfway through the game he was returning the ball again and I wrapped him up but I decided to gain momentum by spinning him around then throwing him to the ground! He didn't take that too well so he got up and says to my face "Hey man, if you break any of my bones I swear I'm gonna beat the $#%^ out of you!" Now honestly I laughed at him because this guy is a year younger than me and about 180 lbs max! He wasn't small by any measure but he was just average while I have been crushing him all game! He still hadn't recorded a tackle on me and trust me he was trying but I'd give the ball off to someone before he could! But my response to his threat was "If I break one of your bones and you try to hit me then I'm gonna break the rest of you!"

After his threat to me I got MAD at him! Before I was just trying to neutralize him so that the kids could play more than him but not I really wanted to hurt Joe! I took his threat as a dare to break him in half! One time he got a break away on a kick off and I caught up to him and stripped the ball just to teach him a lesson! It was funny because as hard as he tried to win the game on himself he never scored a touchdown or recorded a tackle on me! If he hadn't left home (he was limping off) early I would've let him blitz while I was quarterback and I'd just be able to break his tackle and show him how to stiff arm a defender!

No comments: