Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Branson Missouri Part 5: the forgotten memories

I can't believe I forgot about this part of the story! I was just looking through my memories and I realized that I never got into too much details about Jana! So Jana and I hung out for as much as possible before session and in between playing ninja we'd talk together so it was a good combination. Now after the first 2 days of knowing her I definitely knew that I wanted to get her number, but one thing that I'm just down right horrible at is asking for numbers. Even if we're good friends it makes me a little nervous.

I had been thinking about how I was going to plan it the last few nights there. I was just going to casually walk up to Jana as usual but I was going to curve the conversation to her phone and then say "Hey, can I have your number? So that we can keep in touch after this week?" I had simulated it about 100 times in my head before our last session of student life. As soon as the doors opened I flew down the stairs and went right to where we always met up at! I needed to have enough time to smoothly turn the topic of the conversation.

The doors open an hour earlier than the band starts playing which is the beginning of the session. So when I first get to our spot I can't see her there, which worries me at first but I convince myself that she's just running a little late. A half hour later, my head is on a swivel I'm constantly on the alert because I'm starting to run out of time. 15 minutes later I'm starting to kick myself for not asking for her number earlier because I really liked her!

Finally 10 minutes before session, Jana arrived! I frantically ran over to her but just then a ninja game started so of course we jumped into the game. We didn't do too well in the ninja game and were quickly eliminated. Now we only had about 7 minutes left before the session would start. Jana was late because her youth group had gone cliff diving and they had lost track of time. She was telling me about how she had been more nervous about climbing the cliff than jumping off of it and how fun it was. Now we only had 1 minute left, I started panicking because I was running out of time and my nerves were going completely bonkers!

I was trying to curve the conversation but it wasn't really working! Soon the music started playing and I was having this civil war going on in my head! Should I ask her for her number? We probably wouldn't talk too long anyways, and I already had her facebook information, why get her number? But she is not like normal girls! She likes football and wears fake glasses! We had totally hit off too!

Fortunately the latter won and I asked her in a very smooth way "Hey Jana can I have your number? Because I feel like we really hit it off and I want to keep in touch." and she responded "Of course Connor I thought you'd never ask!"......okay I may have changed that a little bit....this is what really happened....

She pulled out her phone as the music started to text one of her friends from her youthgroup to find out where they were. I saw her phone and totally went for it! So I asked "Do you have a phone?" considering she had her phone right in front of me, I looked pretty stupid. Luckily she still gave me her number despite looking like a blubbering fool!

I'm pretty sure I didn't post this with the other Branson posts because I was embarrassed about it, but it's all good now! Looking back at it, I'm very glad that I did too because here we are 5 months later still talking for about an hour on weekdays and 3 hours during the weekend! And for the record, Jana had to remind me about my little blunder when I was asking for her number.

No comments: