Monday, February 7, 2011

Super bowl Sunday


This super bowl Sunday has been more fun that the last few years. Right after church the heisey's were running to their car, Joy and Catie were fighting over shotgun. I took the liberty of hitting them with snowballs to break them up. Joy ran away while Catie went in the car, Joy was soaked. Mission accomplished! Later that evening we had the youth group super bowl party, Which started with another snowball fight!


We were having a great time, then at halftime, we started having "skirmishes" during the commercials, where we would get 15 guys circled up, then throw a football in the middle and the person who had the ball when the game started again, won! I decided to sit out of the first few rounds since I have a hug size advantage at 220 lbs while everyone else weighs around 150-175. After a while though the guys wanted to go against me so that the winner could be the champion of lifeguards! I decided to wait for them to all pile up on the ball, but as soon as I saw it, I attacked. I dove after it and started tearing it away from everybody. It popped up into the air and landed in Chad's hands, when he saw me clawing after him he screamed and threw it as far as he could! I got it.


After I won another time pretty easily, we had another round. This time I was planning on diving on it then just holding on the whole time....it didn't quite work that way. Vargas got on top of the ball before I could, and I was dog piled. I had an arm on Vargas, but my other arm was caught underneath me. With great difficulty I managed to pull Vargas to my other side so my arm was free, and then I was up! I ripped the ball away from Vargas and held on it for the win.


I decided to stop playing after that because I was 3 for 3 and I didn't want to have all of the fun. It was a crazy evening, I loved it!

No comments: