Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Branson Missouri! (Part one)












(I haven't written here in a while to be patient with me until i recapture my insane writing skills!)


So about a month ago my youth group oasis and I went to this youth convention called "student life" which was held in Branson Missouri. The ride to Branson was really fun! I didn't let anyone sleep without regretting it later! Marisa was the first one to fall asleep so naturally she was victim numero uno! While she was asleep I took off my smelly shoe and put it right up to her nose! She was pretty mad when she woke up and could only smell the fragrance of my feet, but i was sending a message to any sleepy members of our youth group! A couple of hours later Brandon one of our leaders fell into a slumber. I went 2 for 2 when I put some sunblock on him nose and used sunblock to stick a pringles cap on his forehead! He was cool with it, he just decided to get me back later in the week (which I'll get to later). My third and final victim was Andy who happened to dose off long enough to start putting sunblock on his face! There was only one problem.....he woke up halfway through! He was pretty steamed about it! He let it go after a while but it took sometime!

I also decided during the trip that I was going to start yelling like David in the YouTube hit "David after the dentist" whenever people started falling asleep! So anyway we finally get there and we soon found out that every youth group there has the white church vans! So throughout the week we would go nuts and wave till our arms fell off whenever we saw another van! Our first session there was interesting because we got there early and just kind of talked to ourselves quietly which thankfully was the ONLY time we were quiet! Our speaker there was David Nassar who was Iranian so I felt a good connection with his speaking because we have so many Muslims in Dearborn. Chris Tomlin was the music leader and he was AMAZING! Everyone was fist pumping and jumping for God! It was a breath taking sight!

Part 2 will tell you about the main themes for the week and the fun events we did!

No comments: