Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Branson, Missouri (Part 2)


After the first day at Branson I realised a few things. First, several of the youth groups there were playing really fun games like ninja, little sally walker, and others! Second in Branson it is HOT! It was in the mid 90's throughout the whole week and the humidity was pretty bad! So our first move was to start interacting with some of the other youth groups, we accomplished this quickly by playing ninja with them! In between games I would walk up to someone and start talking to them and get to know them. Soon I became a VERY popular guy, the only problem was that I had a hard time remembering their names! Just about everyone there was from the south and it was very challenging to understand what they were saying! they one girl had such a thick accent that it took me 4 times to finally understand what her name was!


Our youth group bonded with 2 people from Arkansas from the start! It was really cool to talk to them throughout the whole week, but for some reason it seemed like everyone was cool talking to just them! I love the christian atmosphere that appears when there are that many Christians together and I love meeting people so thats what I did! I met a whole lot of people (I'm not the best at ninja which gave me some free time lol) and it was really interesting seeing how people were from across the country!


Well we had been playing ninja and I've been meeting a lot of people for a full day now and we had just started a new game when this one girl wearing fake glasses jumps into the game! Now if you have been keeping up with this blog for at least 6 months than you know that I LOVE wearing fake beards, it's just my thing that I do! So when I saw this cute girl wearing fake glasses, I knew that I had to get to know her!
I found out her name was Jana and we totally hit it off! She had a really bubbly personality and loved football. We soon formed an alliance for ninja! I would like to say that we dominated every ninja game but that's not true. We did pretty good together and it made ninja even more fun! I spent the rest of the week with Jana whenever I could! The only thing that could've made Branson better is if we could have a campus for all of the youth groups to hangout at.
Part 3 will have details of our youth group's fun outside of the sessions!

No comments: