Friday, July 13, 2012

Camp Update: Young Teen 1

 
Due to lack of time and energy, I'm once again gonna do bullet points for most of this post. But first off this was with middle schoolers mostly 8th graders. We went by the name of "Cow tipping Connor's group" we had a fist bump thing with it too. Yeah we were pretty awesome! Ok now to the bullet points.
  • My group made me dance up front on the stage every day, it was very fun but tiring since I break dance.
  • I had a mob of girls come after me after I convinced my campers to join me in splashing them in the lake....then they came in a thunderous wave of chick power. I was hanging on to a boue until I managed to catch their leader Jen (another counselor) and use her as a meat shield till it was time for buddy check!
  • The previous week a few of my campers had crushes on the lifeguards, so I made sure to tell the lifeguards to keep their seductive powers away from my boys.
  • One of my campers was extremely homesick resulting in extreme pain in the gut. It was a very scary ordeal.
  • While working the buddy board (kids have to check in before swimming) I made the kids "roar like a shark" I had about 4 kids going till someone realized that sharks don't roar....but I told them that lake sharks roar. :P
  • During archery I did some commentary on my camper's shooting. It included comments such as "oh another shot to the dirt.....to blind the bear! Great idea!" and many other odd things.
  • In small groups I talked about lust. First 10 minutes they kept saying "Can we change the subject?". Next hour, endless questions.

No comments: